Find a specialized drink for everyone!
The happy hour we all know and have come to love most commonly resides in restaurants and dive bars to draw more people in during typically slow hours of the day. Work related happy hour has borrowed from this concept and made it anew, a perfect time for teams to connect, unwind from work, and re-energize. According to studies, prioritizing relationship building leads to closer bonds, and close work friendships boost employee satisfaction by 50%. We all know from first hand experience that happier employees perform at a higher level, but when seeing each other in person is not an option how can we facilitate these same light hearted interactions?
Raise your glasses, because virtual happy hour has now arrived, and it can be just as fun and even more personalized. All you need is your virtual work platform and the right ingredients. We’ve rounded up some cocktail recipes that will make everyone on your team smile. From bubbly, frozen, multi-colored to seasonal, whatever your team fancies, we’ve got it. Whether you choose one recipe for everyone, or you let each team member choose their own, you can make these delicious cocktails together and laugh through the process. Turn your cameras on and get those cocktail shakers ready!
For the Quiet Ones
To get a cool refreshing sweetness try this recipe from SAQ. It only has four ingredients! The big plus is that they deliver.
- 60 ml (2 oz.) Marula cream liqueur
- 100 ml (3 ⅓ oz.) vanilla ice cream
- 100 ml (3 ⅓ oz.) milk
- Ice cubes
- In a blender combine all ingredients
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into an old-fashioned glass
Brought to you by Difford’s Guide, a riff on the classic, Silent Third, this cocktail packs a silent punch.
- 2 oz. Tennessee whiskey
- ⅔ oz. Triple sec liqueur (40%)
- ⅔ oz. Lemon Juice (freshly squeezed)
- ¼ oz. Giffard sugar Cane Syrup
- Shake all ingredients with ice
- Strain into an ice-filled old fashioned glass
For The Basic Ones
Pumpkin White Russian:
A holiday season delight from Kitchen Fun. Get your pumpkin spice fix in!
- 4 tbsp Kahlua
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- 2 tbsp Vodka
- 3 tsp Pumpkin puree
- Dash of Pumpkin pie spice
- Shake the Kahlua, creamer, pumpkin pie spice, vodka, and pumpkin puree
- Pour over ice and top with a dash of pumpkin pie spice for aesthetic
Easy to make, reminiscent of brunch but for any occasion, The Adventure Bite perfected the peach flavor in one beverage.
- 3 oz. frozen or fresh sliced peaches
- ¾ oz. peach schnapps
- 4 oz. ½ cup champagne Prosecco
- 1 oz. fresh sour
- ½ oz. grenadine syrup
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- ¾ cup ice cubes
- Combine peaches, schnapps, champagne, fresh sour, grenadine, simple syrup and ice in a blender
- Blend until smooth and pour
- Garnish with frozen peach slice and mint
For the Naysayers
A sour to rule them all. Food&Wine brings us this Italian, earthy and bittersweet sour.
- 2 oz. Cynar
- ¼. Oz. Maraschino liqueur
- 1 oz. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ oz. agave nectar
- ½ large egg white (optional)
- 1 baby cucumber, halved and skewered on a pick
- Thin strips of orange zest
- Shake all ingredients together except for cucumbers and orange zest
- Strain into a chilled coup
- Garnish with cucumber picks and orange zest
A simple structure and a refined taste by Bon Appétit.
- 2 oz. Bourbon
- ¾ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ oz. simple syrup
- Orange wheel for garnish
- Maraschino cherry for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except for garnishes
- Shake until the outside of the shaker is cold
- Strain into an old fashioned or rocks glass filled with ice
- Garnish with orange wheel and cherry
For the Person who Laughs at the Wrong Moments
Gonna Want Seconds created a drink that is one part summer, two parts alcohol, and all parts yum.
- 2 tsp Granulated sugar
- 2 cups Lemon vodka
- 1 Bottle Moscato D’asti
- 3 cups Pink lemonade
- 2 cans Sprite
- 2 cups Strawberries (sliced)
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 Lemon (sliced then quartered)
- 1 Lemon for garnish
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar for garnish
- Whisk granulated sugar in lemon vodka until dissolved
- Combine all ingredients except for garnishes
- Add ice and mix
- Place sugar on plate, rim glasses with lemon, then dip glass into sugar
- Pour into sugar rimmed glasses
For the Forever Frat Boys
Bold, boozy, and blue by Liquor.
- ½ oz. Vodka
- ½ oz. Rum
- ½ oz. Tequila
- ½ oz. Gin
- ½ oz. Blue curaçao
- 2 oz. Sweet and sour mix
- Sprite or 7Up to top
- 1 Lemon wedge for garnish
- 1 preserved cherry for garnish
- Combine ingredients with ice and stir
- Top with Sprite or 7Up
- Garnish with lemon wedge and cherry
For the Tech Team
Tipsy Bartender has a recipe with a twist on your average mojito.
- 1 ½ oz. Light Rum
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup
- Liquid Nitrogen
- ¾ oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 drops Saline
- Top with soda water
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Place some mint in a glass and pour in some liquid nitrogen
- Muddle thoroughly
- Add lime juice, light rum, simple syrup, saline and ice and shake
- Add crushed ice to a serving glass and strain mix over
- Top with soda water and garnish with a mint sprig
For the Non-Drinkers
Non-Alcoholic Tiki Spritz:
Marissa Mazzotta from the Shanty suggests this seltzer that will remind you of warmer weather in the colder months.
- Grapefruit juice
- Lime juice
- Dash of cinnamon
- Topped with Club soda
A caffeinated concoction from NoMad Los Angeles.
- 1 oz. Devocian cold brew
- Fever Tree Tonic
- 1 oz. Grapefruit juice
- .5 oz. Lemo juice
- .25 oz. vanilla syrup
Browse Town & Country for more delicious alcohol free drinks.