Curious About This New Feature? Start by Downloading These Examples!
[ddownload id="6630" style="link" text="Sample Quote - Full Service"]
[ddownload id="6631" style="link" text="Sample Quote - Month Of"]
Create a Product and Service Catalog
To add a new product or service to your catalog, click on Templates in the menu of your Planner Dashboard and then Product. Click Add New Product and you’ll be taken to the screen where you’ll enter in all of the product/service information. Enter in a product or service name, description, and upload an image. Set the minimum and maximum quantities (especially for hard goods or things that have a limited quantity or availability) and the price her hour/unit.
Create a Quote Template
To create a Quote Template, click on Templates in the menu of your Planner Dashboard and then Quote. Click Add New Quote and you’ll be taken to a screen where you can give the template a name and optional description. Once you have done that, click Edit Quote to build your template.
To add a bundle, hover your cursor over “Included Items” and you’ll see a trash can and “+” icon appear. Click on the “+” to add a section, choose what type of bundle you’d like to add, and it will appear in the body of the quote.
Adding Products or Services to a Quote
To add a product or a service to a Quote Template, hover your cursor over the “Product Image” space (or anything in that row) and you’ll see a trash can and “+” icon appear. Click on the “+” to add a line item for a product or service from your catalog. Then, click your cursor into the “Product / Service Name” area and start typing the name of what you would like to add. As you type, a list of any products and services that contain that word will appear below that section - click on it to select and add it.
How to Send a Quote
To send a Quote from outside of a Lead Record, click Quotes in the menu of your Planner Dashboard and then click on Add Quote (to build on the fly) or Add From Template. When you select Add Quote from Template, a list of your templates will show and you can select the one you’d like to work off of. From there, you can enter the recipient’s contact information, enter a quote number, and make any adjustments to the quote you need to before sending.
Once you are ready to send the quote, click on the gold export button you see in the upper right of your screen, enter in the recipient's email, customize the subject line and message, and then click Send.
Create an Invoice from an Accepted Quote
Once your quote is accepted, creating an invoice is easy! Click into the accepted quote (through either your Lead Manager or the Quotes tab in the menu of your Planner Dashboard) and then on the gold export button in the upper right hand corner of your screen. You’ll see an option to “Create Invoice.” Click on that option and an invoice will appear on your screen that includes any of the options that were selected in the accepted quote. You can edit anything you need to before sending it off.
Things to Note About Products and Quotes
- Products and services from your catalog can directly be added to invoices as well
- Everything but the product or service name is editable when you drop it into a quote or invoice
- You can repeat bundle sections so if you have the need for more than one “choose one” section, you can include that
- You can template discounts, taxes, notes, or instructions at the bottom of the Quote Templates just as you can in Invoice Templates
- While you are setting up a quote, the total quote amount will only include any amounts associated with items in the “Included Items” section since the client will still need to select options and quantities. When they open the quote and click on different options and/or change quantities, the quote total will update as they do that