Why is the Guest Experience so Important?
74% of couples say making sure guests are well taken care of and that they have a good time is the top consideration for their wedding day. As planners, everything you do is aimed at creating a smooth and beautiful event - aesthetically, organizationally, and experientially. But often, it is the finer, more mundane details that can make or break the experience for a guest. This is where CalUp steps in to dot the i’s and cross the t’s on all your hard work to help ensure an amazing guest experience.
What is CalUp?
CalUp is a new guest-facing tool that helps planners improve wedding coordination and communication in a way that was previously not possible. With CalUp, wedding guests receive personalized Mobile Wedding Programs that keep them informed and on track.
CalUp's easy-to-use guest app preemptively answers hundreds of guest questions so you don’t have to, and helps the proceedings run smoothly even in the event of schedule changes. With CalUp, you’ll save valuable time on the wedding weekend, have a smoother flow to the wedding day, and improve the guest's experience!
Why Are Planners Using CalUp?
Improve Guest Experience
With CalUp, guests (and the wedding party) appreciate the thoughtful extra details that help keep them informed and reduce anxiety for all. CalUp is easy-to-use, visually appealing, and provides guests with all the information they need prior to and during the wedding activities - details on parking, shuttles, meet points, timing, dress code, and more. You have the freedom to share any information guests may need.
Communicate With Guests In A Way That Was Previously not possible
CalUp lets you communicate directly with any guest or group of guests quickly and easily via text message. Any kind of informational update or alert is simple to communicate. Now you have the power, right at your fingertips, to react or communicate on-the-fly, ensuring that the day proceeds smoothly.
New Planner Revenue Opportunity
CalUp helps planners implement another valuable tool for their clients which allows them to differentiate their business and grow their service offerings. With CalUp, planners are increasingly adding a “Guest Experience Enhancement” service option to their Day-Of and Full Service packages and generating between $100 to over $500 additional profit per wedding.
How Do I Get Started?
To get started with CalUp, you can sign up for a Free 30-day trial (no credit card required!). Alternatively, as a Professional Wedding Planner, you’re entitled to a Free CalUp Demo Account, which allows you to have unlimited access to a Free CalUp Account that can be used to familiarize yourself with CalUp, build demo weddings, and learn how to fully use the tool.
In addition, CaluP provides Planners with a free, personal Product Tour with a member of their team. If you’d like to book a 15-minute call with CalUp, use this link to book a spot on their calendar!
Tips on Using CalUp with Aisle Planner
As you incorporate CalUp into your service offerings here are a few quick ways to leverage your Aisle Planner subscription
- Stay organized by adding a Guest Experience Checklist section (see example below)
- Streamline CalUp Setup by exporting your Aisle Planner “Guest Parties” tab for import into CalUp
- Share the wedding vibe by adding Design Studio images into CalUp activities
- Generate revenue by adding a Guest Experience element to your contract & invoice templates
- Grow your appeal by adding Guest Experience services to your Aisle Planner Products & Services
SAMPLE - Aisle Planner Guest Experience Check List Items
- Create guest coordination activities in CalUp (1-2 months)
- Finalize Guest List and Add to CalUp (2-3 weeks)
- Create Relevant Groups of Guests (2-3 weeks)
- Assign Groups of Guests to CalUp Activities (2-3 weeks)
- Publish Wedding Program (1-2 weeks)
- Adjust Guest List / Groups for any last-minute RSVP changes (1-2 weeks)
- Message Guests re: CalUp Wedding Program (1-2 weeks)
- Send a Wedding Program Reminder (2 days before)
- Guest engagement & notifications: welcome, schedule changes, text to groups or contacts (Week of)
- Send virtual thank you & photo collection message (After event)